Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Challenge #1 - Altered Masks

READY --- SET --- GO!
So... Jessica, our Perfectly Pretty Peacock Leader, has been talking about some changes that will be going on at Pinque Peacock and here is one of them. Pinque Peacock is going to start hosting challenges!! WOOT WOOT! I hope you are all as excited as I am!!!

This will be our 1st Pinque Peacock Challenge so lets kick it off with a BANG!!!




For this challenge, we will be making ALTERED MASKS.  You can find Masks in our Pinque Peacock Discount Hut Shop HERE.

Lets go over some rules and requirements.

RULES
1.  Your altered mask MUST fit within of one of the following themes (the theme you followed on your mask must be recognizable to the challenge moderators)
  •  Valentine's Day/LOVE 
  •  Mardi Gras
  •  St. Patrick's Day
  •  Shabby Chic 
  •  Steampunk
2. Your entry must have some sort of Bling element. Lets see some sparkle!

3. The mask must feature your choice, either feathers, ribbon or lace, or some combination of these.

4.  You can enter up to 3 separate projects, but must have a separate blog post for each.

5.  LINK to the Pinque Peacock Challenge Blog in your post and YOU MUST be a Follower.

6.  If you have used any Pinque Peacock Products on your Altered Mask, and you link to those products in the shop somewhere in your Blog Post, you will receive an EXTRA ENTRY into the prize drawing.  Just enter your name in the Linky Widget below with the word PINQUE next to your name.

7.  Your project must be something you created after the start date of this challenge.  No back-linking to prior blog posts or projects will be permitted.

Any entries not meeting these guidelines will not be considered in the Prize Drawing.

Be sure to peek in throughout the duration of the challenge, because we will be sharing more inspirational photos and tips to help get your Creative Mojo in HIGH GEAR!!!!

Although, it is our plan to have the challenges biweekly, this 1st challenge will run from February 6th through February 28th.  In March, the biweekly challenges will begin.

So, is there a Prize in all this?  
WELL, OF COURSE!  
We love giving away prizes at Pinque Peacock!!!

There will be TWO Prize Giveaways.  
One randomly selected challenge participant, will win a $5 Gift Certificate to the Pinque Peacock Shop.  

A second winner will be selected by a closed voting session among the Pinquettes and will win a $10 Gift Certificate to the Pinque Peacock Shop.

We are looking forward to seeing all of your beautiful Altered Masks and encourage you to tell all of your friends to join in the fun, too!!!!

Be sure to visit our shop to find Masks you can Altred HERE



16 comments:

  1. Now I wish I'd picked up one of the masks I saw in a store the other day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miriam, no worries....check out the Shop Page on Facebook----we've got you covered! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi where do you buy a mask?

    Thanks,

    Chriss
    america57@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Chriss :)
      I have just shared all of the mask styles that are available in the Shop over on the Wall for easy shopping ;)
      www.facebook.com/PinquePeacock
      Jessica

      Delete
  3. I added the blog button to my sidebar but you may want to do something to the size. It is MUCH smaller than all the others I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion Paula! I love it when we get awesome feedback like this.....it really makes keeping things in "tip-top" shape so much easier! I will work on it ASAP and be sure to message you when it is finished!!! PEACOCK HUGS! ~Jessica~

      Delete
    2. YQW Jessica. Glad it helped. The new site looks great and I am planning on giving the challenge a shot!

      Delete
    3. I have added the badge to the sidebar here on the blog Paula. It is 250x250 in size, so I hope that works for you! If not, feel free to let me know and I can send you a larger image if that would help! HOPE YOU JOIN IN THE CHALLENGE!!!!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the encouragement to try something new. I will say that the mask I purchased from the Discount Hut is WONDERFUL quality! Best wishes with the new challenge blog, Jessica!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was out of my comfort zone, but I had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was so much fun! I enjoyed learning how to do something I had never done before. I think I got a few more brain cells figuring this out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The size of the blog button is much better Jessica! And I finally did a mask. Wow was that out of my comfort zone. Took me forever but it was an interesting endeavor. I still have a bunch of supplies so if I get some time I may try another!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Added mine .... love love love the masks ladies!!!!
    Laura D.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just checked out the entries and my absolute favorite is Laura Davidson's! GORGEOUS!!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. well I ended up doing a few more! Although out of my comfort zone they got easier with each one and I did end up having fun!
    Thanks for a great challenge! Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

    ReplyDelete